21.6.16

Hamilton The musical | Obsesion

¡Hola, hola!
No saben las ganas que tenia de hacer esta entrada. La venia posponiendo y no sé por que. Les voy a contar como es que conocí a Hamilton y porqué me obsesionó.

Soy seguidora de una booktuber mexicana Clau de Clau Reads Books (X) y ella subió un video haciendo el Tag de Hamilton (X). Yo no tenia idea de que era eso pero lo vi igual. No se si fue la interpretacion de Clau, lo divertido que me pareció o la pasion que ella le puso; la cuestión es que no dejaba de reproducir el video en las partes de las canciones y trataba de bailar igual que ella..

Entonces busqué el album en Spotify y ahí supe que estaba perdida. Hacia muchisimo que no me entusiasmaba tanto con algo, pero no podia dejar de repetir la letra, buscar otros videos y cosas sobre esto.

Ustedes se preguntaran, entonces ¿Hamilton es un cantante? No.
Hamilton es un musical sobre Alexander Hamilton, uno de los padres fundadores de los Estados Unidos. Llegó a Broadway en 2015 por Lin- Manuel Miranda. Cuenta su vida no solo como una figura iconica sino tambien su intimidad como su familia, esposa, ¿amante?
Puede parecer aburrido pero les juro que no lo es. Nunca me habian interesado los musicales pero desde que Hamilton llegó a mi vida, todo cambió. El ritmo, la letra, la intensidad todo es demasiado genial. Asi que denle una oportunidad, probablemente se lleven una sorpresa.

Les voy a mostrar mis canciones favoritas y los parrafos que más me gustan, con un link obvio.



🌟 Alexander Hamilton 
How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore
and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a
forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence,
impoverished, in squalor,
grow up to be a hero and a scholar?
------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Hamilton.
My name is Alexander Hamilton.
And there’s a million things I haven’t done,
but just you wait, just you wait...

La cara del medio es la que ponen mis amigas cada vez que canto Hamilton :D

🌟 Aaron Burr, Sir 

HAMILTON
Yes!
I wanted to do what you did. Graduate in two, then join the revolution. He looked at me like I was stupid, I’m not stupid.
So how’d you do it? How’d you graduate so fast?

BURR
It was my parents’ dying wish before they passed.

HAMILTON
You’re an orphan. Of course! I’m an orphan.
God, I wish there was a war!
Then we could prove that we’re worth more
than anyone bargained for…

🌟 My Shot 

I am not throwing away my shot!
Hey yo, I’m just like my country,
I’m young, scrappy and hungry,
and I’m not throwing away my shot!
I’m ‘a get a scholarship to King’s College.
I prob’ly shouldn’t brag, but dag, I amaze and astonish.
The problem is I got a lot of brains but no polish.
I gotta holler just to be heard.
With every word, I drop knowledge!
I’m a diamond in the rough, a shiny piece of coal
tryin’ to reach my goal. My power of speech: unimpeachable.
Only nineteen but my mind is older.

🌟 The story of tonight

LAFAYETTE/MULLIGAN/LAURENS
I may not live to see our glory!

HAMILTON
But I will gladly join the fight!
And when our children tell our story…
They’ll tell the story of tonight.

🌟The Schuyler sisters 

Angelica!
Peggy!
Eliza!
COMPANY
Work!
PEGGY
Daddy said to be home by sundown.
ANGELICA
Daddy doesn’t need to know.
PEGGY
Daddy said not to go downtown.
ELIZA
Like I said, you’re free to go.
ANGELICA
But—look around, look around, the
revolution’s happening in New York

🌟 Farmer Refuted 

SEABURY
Hear ye, hear ye! My name is Samuel Seabury,
and I present “Free Thoughts on the
Proceedings of the Continental Congress!”
Heed not the rabble who scream revolution,
they have not your interests at heart.
MULLIGAN
Oh my God. Tear this dude apart.
SEABURY
Chaos and bloodshed are not a solution.
Don’t let them lead you astray.
This Congress does not speak for me.
BURR
Let him be.
SEABURY
They’re playing a dangerous game.
I pray the king shows you his mercy.
For shame, for shame…

🌟 You'll be back 

KING GEORGE
You say
the price of my love’s not a price that you’re willing to pay.
You cry
in your tea which you hurl in the sea when you see me go by.
Why so sad?
Remember we made an arrangement when you went away,
now you’re making me mad.
Remember, despite our estrangement, I’m your man.
You’ll be back.
Soon you’ll see.
You’ll remember you belong to me.
You’ll be back.
Time will tell.
You’ll remember that I served you well.
Oceans rise,
empires fall,
we have seen each other through it all,
and when push
comes to shove,
I will send a fully armed battalion
to remind you of my love!

🌟 Right Hand Man 

ENSEMBLE
Here comes the General!
BURR
Ladies and gentlemen!
ENSEMBLE
Here comes the General!
BURR
The moment you’ve been waiting for!
ENSEMBLE
Here comes the General!
BURR
The pride of Mount Vernon!
ENSEMBLE
Here comes the general!
BURR
George Washington!

🌟 A winter ball 

BURR
A winter's ball
And the Schuyler sisters are the envy of all
if you could marry a sister, you're rich son
HAMILTON
Is it a question of if, Burr, or which one?

🌟 Helpless 

ELIZA
I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight.
We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night,
laughin’ at my sister as she’s dazzling the room
then you walked in and my heart went “Boom!”
Tryin’ to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom,
everybody’s dancin’ and the band’s top volume.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helpless!
Look into your eyes,
and the sky’s the
limit I’m
Helpless!
Down for the count,
and I’m drownin’ in
‘em I’m
helpless!

🌟 Satisfied 

ANGELICA
I remember that night, I just might
regret that night for the rest of my days.
I remember those soldier boys
tripping over themselves to win our praise.
I remember that dreamlike candlelight
like a dream that you can’t quite place,
but Alexander, I’ll never forget the first
time I saw your face.
I have never been the same,
Intelligent eyes in a hunger-pang frame,
And when you said “Hi,” I forgot my dang name,
set my heart aflame, ev’ry part aflame,
-------------------------------------------------------------
HAMILTON
You strike me as a woman who has never been satisfied.
ANGELICA
I’m sure I don’t know what you mean. You forget yourself.
HAMILTON
You’re like me. I’m never satisfied.
ANGELICA
Is that right?
HAMILTON
I have never been satisfied.
ANGELICA
My name is Angelica Schuyler.
HAMILTON
Alexander Hamilton.
ANGELICA
Where’s your fam’ly from?
HAMILTON
Unimportant. There’s a million things I haven’t done but
just you wait, just you wait…

🌟 Guns and Ships 

[COMPANY]
Lafayette!
[LAFAYETTE]
I’m takin this horse by the reins makin’
Redcoats redder with bloodstains
[COMPANY]
Lafayette!
[LAFAYETTE]
And I’m never gonna stop until I make ‘em
Drop and burn ‘em up and scatter their remains, I’m
[COMPANY]
Lafayette!
[LAFAYETTE]
Watch me engagin’ em! Escapin’ em!
Enragin’ em! I’m—
[COMPANY]
Lafayette!
[LAFAYETTE]
I go to France for more funds
[COMPANY]
Lafayette!
[LAFAYETTE]
I come back with more
[LAFAYETTE AND ENSEMBLE]
Guns
And ships
And so the balance shifts
[WASHINGTON]
We rendezvous with Rochambeau, consolidate their gifts
[LAFAYETTE]
We can end this war at Yorktown, cut them off at sea, but
For this to succeed, there is someone else we need:
[WASHINGTON]
I know
[WASHINGTON AND COMPANY]
Hamilton!
Amo la imagen del medio, esa cara de emocion es tal cual me la imaginaba cada vez que escuchaba esa cancion *Aaron Burr, Sir*
🌟Non- Stop 

[BURR]
Why do you assume you’re the smartest in the room?
Soon that attitude may be your doom!
[ENSEMBLE]
Awwww!
[BURR/ENSEMBLE]
Why do you write like you’re running out of time?
[BURR]
Write day and night like you’re running out of time?
[BURR/ENSEMBLE]
Ev’ry day you fight, like you’re running out of time
[BURR]
Keep on fighting in the meantime—
[ENSEMBLE]
Non-stop!

🌟 Take a Break 

[ELIZA]
Take a break
[HAMILTON]
I am on my way
[ELIZA]
There’s a little surprise before supper
And it cannot wait
[HAMILTON]
I’ll be there in just a minute, save my plate
[ELIZA]
Alexander—
[HAMILTON]
Okay, okay—
[ELIZA]
Your son is nine years old today
He has something he’d like to say
He’s been practicing all day
Philip, take it away—

🌟 The room where it happens 

[BURR]
No one else was in
The room where it happened
No one else was in
The room where it happened
No one really knows how the game is played
The art of the trade
[BURR AND ENSEMBLE]
How the sausage gets made
We just assume that it happens
[BURR]
But no one else is in
[BURR AND ENSEMBLE]
The room where it happens

🌟 Burn 

[ELIZA]
I saved every letter you wrote me
From the moment I read them
I knew you were mine
You said you were mine
I thought you were mine
Do you know what Angelica said
When we saw your first letter arrive?
She said
“Be careful with that one, love
He will do what it takes to survive.”
You and your words flooded my senses
Your sentences left me defenseless
You built me palaces out of paragraphs
You built cathedrals
I’m re-reading the letters you wrote me
I’m searching and scanning for answers
In every line
For some kind of sign
And when you were mine

Por si no entendieron el concepto: Alexander Hamilton es uno de los padres fundadores de EE.UU pero el musical cuenta otros aspectos de su vida: Él queria ser como Aaron Burr, quien despues lo mata, como conoció a su esposa, algunos dicen que la hermana de su esposa era su amante... Es una historia bastante interesante y si bien solo pueden verlo en Broadway, las letras de las canciones lo dicen todo.


En fin, espero que les haya gustado la entrada, pasen por el video de Clau si no los convencí jajaja. Cuentenme en comentarios que les pareció Hamilton, si ya lo conocian y eso. 
¡Besos!

3 comentarios

  1. Justo mis suegros fueron a ver el musical hace un tiempo y hablaban de lo genial que es. Creo que está en mi ciudad en este momento, pero no tenía ni idea de qué era. Ahora quiero ir... mmm... iré a sobornar a mi marido xD

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hola! yo también vi el video de Clau y me puse super feliz por el hecho de que haya podido ir a ver la obra, además los videos en donde hace playbacks son súper divertidos, la verdad es que no me llama la atención, tal vez por lo de "padre fundador de EE.UU", me encanta leer obras de teatro, pero no verlas y las únicas canciones que me gustan y cuenten una historia son las de disney xD
    Que bueno que te hayas enganchado con el musical, que sin dudas parece estar bueno, saludos!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hola!! No tenía idea de la existencia de esto, jaja. Me gustan los músicales, auqnue todo lo he visto lo he hecho por internet porque vivo en un pueblo lejos del mundo (?
    Me resultó interesante que sea tan informativo. Creo que definitivamente es un espectaculo del que disfrutaria mucho.
    Voy a tomarme un poco de tiempo para ver todos los videos, jaja.
    Saludos!

    ResponderEliminar

Muchas Gracias por comentar♥ De verdad me encanta leer todo lo que escriben, hacen que Panfu sea feliz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Vivo entre tus paginas
Maira Gall